URGENT INFO, The site at petit nice and Gallouneys is having work done this season and the Northerly Bowl and parts of the Westerly are effectively out of use, which will make beginner training at the Dune very difficult. see photos here http://pylavollibre.fr/galerie/nggallery/pyla-vol-libre/travaux-Gallouneys
Copy of the official rules and regulations concerning flying Dune Du Pyla
PARAGLIDING AT PYLA DUNE - Dune du Pilat
HOLIDAYMAKERS, PLEASE RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT
- Avoid trampling the sand unnecessarily.
- Do not use boards as they damage the dunes.
- Please do not walk in the lime-grass.
- Please respect private take-offs.
- This natural site must be protected.
PARAGLIDER PILOTS' SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This site can be dangerous.
Beware of collisions, reversing, and sudden descent to the ground...
- Please do not fly when there are too many pilots.
- Personal. Air liability insurance is compulsory.
- A helmet must be worn. Sports shoes recommended.
- Pilot's licence is recommended
- Accelerator strongly recommended.
- The technique of inflating the sail when facing it is necessary. (Reverse Launching)
- Before taking off, please make sure there is no pilot in the way.
- Please respect the rights of way.
- Be careful, a hang-glider wing can appear suddenly.
- Do not cut off the wind from another pilot.
- Do not hover, especially in front of the take off zones
- Flying and landing is forbidden on beaches supervised by lifeguards and marked by orange and black striped signposts
- On the ground and in flight, please do not stay in the sector reserved for model planes.
- The 'WAGA' technique is acceptable only if it does not hamper the other pilots.
- Speed riding is forbidden on the Gailouneys site.
MODEL PLANE USERS: for safety reasons please use the best adapted zone situated in the south part of the Grande dune.
Local Club ARCAM' tel: 06 07 91 77 88
Hang Glider PILOTS: You are welcome. Landing is authorised. on Gaillouneys beach.
PARAGLIDING SCHOOLS OR GROUPS: Your activities must not hamper the other pilots. Please contact the schools or clubs on site.
MOTORISED PARAGLIDING: Paramotor take-off is not allowed on the PYLA site, except for certain private lands where you must get authorisation.
In the interest of all, offences committed are liable to fines.
All activities on this site are at your own risk and under your own responsibility.
Beacon frequency: 143.987.5 MHz This FFVL radio frequency must not, be used for conversation
Beacon tel: 04 56 38 60 80 - Favourable winds: N to W - Weather forecast tel: O8 98 68 08 33
Club La Teste PYLA Vol Libre : www.parapyla.free.fr
Professional schools exist on the site, please contact La Teste de Buch Tourist Office
email : <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- from the road, call cell phone number 112
- from the beach, call the Petit Nice beach lifeguards Tel: 05 56 22 11 21
- VHF radio (boat channel 16) frequency 156.800
Do not give the injured person anything to drink.